The shoulder is an extremely mobile joint and there are also lots of other joints in the surrounding area to form the whole shoulder girdle. The mobility of the shoulder predisposes it to shoulder pain from injury as it is relatively unstable in comparison to other joints in the body.
Some conditions that cause shoulder pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Osteoarthritis of the shoulder
- Painful arc syndrome
- Recurrent dislocation of the shoulder
- Rotator cuff tear
- Ligament sprains
- Tenosynovitis long head of biceps
How can my Osteopath treat my shoulder pain?
- Provide shoulder pain relief with a variety of Osteopathic techniques (massage, manipulation, stretching, articulation, dry needling of trigger points).
- Improve function to the joint and surrounding area.
- Help to stabilize joint by muscle strengthening exercises.
- Help to prevent recurrence of the injury with exercises, stretches and providing advice regarding adjustments to your daily activities of living.
- Ergonomic advice.